Play encourages children to explore, discover, negotiate, take risks, and problem-solve. All this supports the development of cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills. Talk to your early childhood service provider about how you can continue to support your child’s learning!
Amapola’s mother support her by:
- Having a routine and setting her expectations
- Making sure Amapola has a space to work in
- Providing a level of supervision suitable to Amapola's stage of development and individual needs
- Monitoring communications from teachers
- Checking in with Amapola often to help her manage and pace her work